Monday, June 9, 2008

New Abode

After vigorous internet searching and an intense afternoon of touring apartments we have successfully secured our future abode. Peter and I looked through 5 or so places around William Mitchell and one in particular was just perfect. I was hoping to find a place that was "just perfect" because I've been a little nervous about the switch from farm to city. When we walked up to tour a place about 3 blocks from WM there was a 7 or 8 year old girl sitting on the sidewalk with acrylic paints lined up as she painted rocks. I knew then that we were in a good neighborhood for kids, not to mention moms. The woman showing our place was a doula and the current occupant was a massage therapist (out of the rental), which means there's an extra bedroom in this place that will be perfect for my future book making studio. My idea is to start a craft/art business, slowly of course, since I'll have Buska around to keep me busy. Anyway, back to our place, it's the downstairs of a an big old St. Paul home. We'll have 2 bedrooms, plus the studio bedroom, our own laundry, living room, dining room, back yard, kitchen, bathroom, and front porch. It's quite the pad. The biggest change will be the mobs of people everywhere. I've become a bit of a hermit here and it will be very strange to look out the window and see people milling about. We'll be living on Laurel and our block has an abundance of young families and we're just a 1/2 block from a playground.

As for our place, we have been showing it nonstop. We have more than one person interested in taking over the CSA so we'll see how that pans out-hopefully soon.

2 comments:

Lisa Webster said...

How exciting! It will be great to have you in the city! When will you be moving?

Anonymous said...

Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I'm jealous of your own backyard. Just think - no more psycho cats and rooster-killing dogs!